A steaming cup of Karak tea or Karak chai has long been a tradition for many Dubai residents.
Karak means strong in Hindi and chai means tea.
The drink is sipped by people throughout the country. People of all ages savour it, especially those who enjoy drinking tea out with friends and catching up.
You might have seen long queues at restaurants offering Karak-Chai because of how popular the blend is.
Want to avoid those long queues?
Let’s find out how to make this popular tea blend at home without compromising on taste. You will especially enjoy the saffron and vanilla touch to the tea.
- 3 x Organic Chai Tea Bags from BRW Society
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 25g Saffron
- 3 tbsp. (or more) sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
How to Make Karak Chai
1) Take a saucepan, pour in 2 cups of filtered water and bring it to a boil.
2) Add three BRW Society Organic Chai tea bags.
3) After adding the tea bags, add the sugar, Vanilla and saffron, and bring to a boil again.
4) Next, add one cup of evaporated milk, mix all the ingredients together and bring the Karak Chai to a boil, until you see lots and lots of bubbles.
5) When the Karak Chai is bubbling away for 60 seconds, it's now time to cool the tea by lowering the heat and all the bubbling disappears.
6) We need to repeat this process several times - heating the tea to boiling point and then lowering the heat to allow the tea to cool down.
7) Repeat this process until the Karak Chai becomes a lovely caramel colour, it can take 4-5 minutes to reach this colour.
8) When your Karak Chai is ready, take it off the heat and strain. BRW Society's Karak Chai is ready to serve. Enjoy!
It's time to savour the popular drink
So there you have it – how to make Karak chai! This delicious tea is perfect for warming up before work, enjoying after a meal or whilst connecting with your friends and family.
Give it a try and let us know how you feel. Tag us on Instagram to be featured @brw_society
Till then, happy BRWing!