Afternoon tea is a lovely tradition that has become a popular treat in the UAE.
As much as afternoon tea is loved for its cute finger sandwiches, elegant desserts and restorative drinks, it's also an occasion in itself and a great way to connect with other people.
There are few things more delightful than sitting down with friends, family, or even co-workers to a pot of tea and finger food.
However it can feel overwhelming organising any party, so follow our top tips to make hosting an afternoon tea party less daunting!
1) Pick a date and send out your invitations.
Once you have selected a date and time that works for you, make sure you invite the people you want to attend.
Top tip - use Canva to create the cutest invite, there are hundreds of free designs to choose from which you can send electronically to your guests.
2) Choose a theme for your tea party
Depending on the theme of your tea party, whether it's casual and relaxed or full of scenes from Alice in Wonderland it's important to make a choice and set the tone. Your guests will appreciate the direction.
Top tip - include a tea bag with your invite for fun and to set the tone.
3) Think about teaware
Ask yourself, do you have enough teapots and cups for your guests? If not, it's time to purchase your teaware and related accessories. You will need several teapots to brew a variety of teas for your guests.
You may want to mix it up and serve both hot and cold teas, therefore you'll also require jugs and glasses.
Top tip - cold brew a green or fruit tea overnight, carbonate and serve in champagne flutes for a delightful, show stopping welcome drink. If you opt for this, you'll also need champagne flutes.
4) Plan your menu
Choose both savoury and sweet bites to satisfy a variety of appetites.
Make sure you know your guests and any allergies they have and cater accordingly.
Top tip - if your tea party is mid-morning or mid-afternoon, you only need a very small selection of finger food.
5) BRW loose leaf tea
Loose leaf tea is not always convenient, we get that, but there is no excess when hosting an afternoon tea, it is a must! Don't disappoint your guests with a dusty teabag.
Top tip - BRW Society has all the looseleaf tea you need, with over 50 blends, you can find all your favourite tea blends here. And best of all, you can get them delivered straight to your doorsteps!
6) BRW Society's favourite teas to serve during Afternoon Tea
Here are our best picks that are sure to appeal to all taste buds.
We recommend selecting between 4-5 but the choice is yours!
Hot tea top picks:
- Milky Oolong - With a smooth, creamy and delicious taste, Milky Oolong is made from the finest Oolong leaves. The traditional Chinese tea has a bold flavour with a pinch of sweetness. You will be surprised to know that the Milky Oolong is dairy-free. Yes, you read that right!
- Gingerbread-Rooibos Tea - Do you have any guests that are fans of sweet oranges or gingerbread biscuits? The Gingerbread Tea will surely please them. It’s a subtle balance of tea and other flavours perfectly blended with each other.
- Organic English Breakfast - The Organic English Breakfast is loaded with all the benefits of black tea. It comes with a subtle sweetness and a splash of milk.
- Organic Chai - If you have any guest that is looking for a tea with an array of flavours, they will love the Organic Chai. This black tea is filled with cardamom seed, orange peel, ginger and sweet and woody flavoured cinnamon.
Cold tea top picks:
- Raspberry Mojito - This beverage will make your get-together a much more enjoyable event, not to mention, it tastes delicious. The Raspberry Mojito is full of pomegranate and juicy raspberries. A heaven for fruit lovers!
- Rhubarb - Rhubarb tea is loaded with tasty apples and tangy rhubarb. This amazing drink, packed with flavour, showcases the beauty of this fantastic pinkish fruit at its very best.
It's time to start the preparations!
Tea parties are a great way to get together with friends and family.
By following these tips, you can organise a tea party that is both successful and enjoyable for everyone involved.
Make sure to start planning well in advance and order your favourite tea blends at www.brwsociety.com.
We hope you have a wonderful time at your next tea party. Enjoy!